Our Mission is:
To support those with Allergies and Intolerances and those who care for them, by providing a high quality recipe site featuring;
- A “State of the Art” search tool to enable multiple ingredients to be removed in one search.
- Delicious Recipes made from the best quality ingredients.
- A Menu Planner to help members organize their budgeting, shopping, cooking and delegating.
- A platform where those with food related health condition's can interact and support each other.
- Access to reliable information, so that those who have been recently diagnosed with food related conditions, can avoid hidden allergens and learn the best ways to adapt their diet and lifestyle.
- And a place where people can access reliable and up to date health information.
We encourage anyone who suspects that they may have an allergy or intolerance (or associated condition), to understand the possible health implications and seek appropriate medical assessment. Early intervention is important and many health practitioners have long waiting lists so one should not delay seeking help.
We want to empower:
- Friends, relatives and acquaintances to learn what is required for food safety and to cook with confidence for their “foodie with allergies or intolerances”.
- Adults and children on restricted diets to take charge in the kitchen and discover the pleasures of cooking safe, healthy and delicious meals.
We also want to encourage:
- Food manufacturers to change their processing practices (removing harmful additives, trans-fats and contaminants) to enable safe consumption by everyone.
- And assist food providers to develop a thorough understanding of our community’s food preparation requirements, so that they may adopt them for our mutual benefit.
We want to support:
- Health Practitioner’s in the provision of care to their clients/patients. We understand that long term compliance is required for healing outcomes and believe that our services will enable practitioners to focus on their patient’s health issues, while we provide the practical support for implementing dietary changes.
- Bloggers and authors, who give generously of their time and resources, to make life easier for our community.
We will celebrate
- The efforts of service providers who embrace the challenge of providing healthy, delicious and safe food. We think that their efforts deserve recognition as they enable those with special dietary needs to be included socially.
We will provide:
- Quality nutritional information
- Information from health experts.
- Tips for balanced menu planning, organization and efficiency
- And cooking tips and techniques for taste and optimal nutrition.
If we can harness the power of the collective we believe that as a community will be much more effective in our efforts to:
- Influence necessary changes to Food labeling laws,
- Ensure better regulation of the chemical industry and
- Raise awareness of the realities face by those with food allergies and intolerances (including the risk of serious harm through anaphylaxis).